Tuesday 11 February 2014

Haul #1: Beauty + Fashion

On Friday, Sophie and I had a bit of a post-exams treat shopping spree in our university city of Nottingham. I spent far too much money on stuff I probably don't need- but it was all in the name of fun! Sophie will also be doing a haul of what she bought, but she is just waiting on some online purchases to arrive first.





















SpaceNK 

Nude Oil Based Cleanser




I have recently been looking for an oil-based cleanser to replace my Bioderma micellar water to use as a pre-cleanse to remove all my make-up in the evenings. Although I find the Bioderma to be amazing at taking off eye make-up, when I use it all over my face it does tend to leave it feeling a little dry. After reading some reviews and blog posts I decided to go for this Nude one, on first impressions I really like it but will do a full product review in about a month.


Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara





I got a sample of this mascara in a Birchbox a few months ago and loved it so bought the full sized version. I won't go on about it for too long as I go into more detail in my post a few weeks ago about my favourite Birchbox products (click here) but I think this is a great, more natural looking everyday mascara. 

MAC

Lipstick in 'Mehr'















This one was a bit of an impulse buy, I originally went into MAC for an eyeliner and some eyeshadows to build up my palette but I couldn't decide which colours to go for. I felt that an eyeliner wasn't enough to satisfy my MAC-craving so I went over to the lipstick counter. Surprisingly, I only own one other MAC lipstick which I bought when I was about 14 and never wear as it is a god-awful colour, what was I thinking? But when I saw this one, 'Mehr', I fell in love with the colour and had to get it. The colour is sort of a deep dusky pink with a very matte finish, nothing like I already have.


Eye Pencil in 'Coffee'



















This is what I originally went into MAC for, the eyeliner in 'Coffee'. I wanted a brown eyeliner to wear when I want to go for a more natural look as black can often look a bit too harsh and dramatic. I used it today and the pencil feels nice and soft on application and create a deep warm brown colour. It looks nice on the waterline and well as smudged across the upper lash line.

John Lewis

YSL Flower Crush Palette - Rosy Blush 





Is this not the most beautiful bit of make-up you have ever seen? This was the biggest splurge on the shopping trip. I've wanted this spring limited edition blusher since it was launched, there was a lot of umming and aahing at the YSL counter as it is not the cheapest item of make up in the world (I'm not saying how much it was incase my mum reads this blog post) but after a bit of gentle persuasion from Sophie and the lady at YSL I decided to go for it and I am so glad I did. I've only used it once so far but the colour is a perfect shimmery peachy-pink and the texture is like a creamy-powder. 

Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé Soufflé Body Crème



















This was another cheeky little splurge, but I have wanted it for ages- its nice to have a little bit of luxury sometimes! This body cream smells amazing, I could smell it all day, in fact as I'm sat here typing I'm smelling it. It feels good on the skin and the smell lasts for ages on your skin; if I put it on in the morning, it will still be able to smell it when I go to bed.


Origins GinZing Eye Cream


















This little baby has been a life saver recently, I actually bought this a few weeks ago but thought I would sneak it in here anyway. I bought this before my January exams as I was a bit sleep deprived, a little stressed and there may have even been a few tears, but this little eye cream brightened up any tell-tale dark circles and puffiness. I use it every morning after my face moisturiser and have really noticed a difference.

Topshop

Knitted Crystal Stud Jumper in Duck Egg





When we went on our shopping trip, I saw the jumper Sophie was wearing and absolutely loved it... so I bought it. Although I am not a complete copy cat, Sophie has the dark grey version and I picked up this lovely duck egg blue colour. I'm a bit obsessed with this colour at the minute and I love the embellishment around the neckline. The material is so soft, it's not itchy and super comfortable to wear. 










No comments:

Post a Comment