Saturday 29 March 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

Thank you so much to Meg from Peppermint + Peach for nominating us for a Liebster Award. We love the idea of raising awareness of new bloggers!


Here are the rules:
1.  Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
2.  Pick an additional 11 people to nominate with under 200 followers
3.  Create a new list of 11 questions to ask those you have nominated
4.  Inform your nominees of the award!


Here are our questions from Meg and our Answers:

1.  Who is your style icon and why?
S: My style icon is Miranda Kerr, I love her off-duty model style that's casual but chic at the same time. I wish I had her wardrobe!
J: I think I have two, or is that cheating? I love Blake Lively's red carpet style, she always looks amazing and I really like the fact she styles herself. My second is Olivia Palermo, she just looks so chic and sophisticated all the time but yet still manages to make her outfits look effortless.

2.  If you had a magic lamp, what would you wish for?
S: I'd probably wish for a large amount of money, for my family and friends to be happy and probably more wishes. 
J: Hmmm, probably to be successful in my career, to be happy for the rest of my life and lots of money so I can buy that gorgeous Celine Trapeze handbag (and a flat in New York).  

3.  What is your favourite colour of lipstick?
S: My favourite is the Chanel Coco Rouge Shine in Rebelle. It's a gorgeous coral red colour that can be worn day or night.
J: This is a tricky one, it sort of depends on the season to be honest, but the lipstick I'd say I always go back to is Chanel Rouge Allure in Evanescente (88). It is a really long lasting, your-lips-but-better, nude-pink colour. 

4.  You're stranded on a desert island, what 3 things do you take and why?
S: I would probably take sunglasses, water and a life raft so I could escape!
J: I think mine are far too practical but I'd take suncream, a hat and a huge bottle of water. 

5.  What is your favourite season and why?
S: My favourite season is Autumn, I just love all the clothes and makeup trends. I love darker and cozy clothes with chic boots and nice jackets and jumpers. 
J: Summer definitely, I love the sun and I love going on holiday. I also like wearing brighter colours and brightening up my make-up a bit with some coral lipstick or something. 

6.  What is on your beauty wish list?
S: I would have to say everything in the Charlotte Tilbury collection as well as a lot of the Marc Jacobs collection. I also feel like I should buy a new Chanel lipstick soon as it has been a while since I last bought one. 
JDefinitely the Marc Jacobs eye palette in The Lolita, Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser Balm and Chatlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Pencil. 


7.  What is your HG beauty product?
S: I would have to say mascara would be the beauty product I couldn't live without, especially the Maybelline Falsies mascara which I have discovered recently and loved. 
J: This is a really hard question, probably the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. This stuff is amazing; it covers up any blemish, brightens dark circles and has a really moisturising creamy texture.  

8.  Why did you start your blog?
S: We started our blog because we both share a passion for fashion and beauty and we enjoyed reading blogs about it so we thought why not try one ourselves.
J: We both love talking non-stop about fashion and beauty, so we thought a blog is a perfect place to share our ramblings and a great way to find new blogs to read as well. 

9.  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
S: I'd love to be living in an amazing apartment in New York City 
with a cute Yorkshire Terrier, writing for a major fashion magazine like Vogue, Elle or Instyle.
J: People have asked my this question before and I really don't know the answer! I think after I complete my business degree I want to get into buying and merchandising or maybe PR so in 10 years time I'd like to see myself being successful in what I do but also enjoying it too.

10.  What is your favourite item in your closet?
S: Hmm this is a tricky one, there is too much to choose from! I would have to say my grey Alexander McQueen Skull Print Scarf or my black All Saints pirate wrap cardigan or my Lily Aldridge for Velvet army green jacket.
J: I love my Zara heeled boots at the minute and also probably the same as Sophie with my black Alexander McQueen Scarf. 

11.  Describe yourself in three words
S: Indecisive, approachable and caring
J: Untidy, disorganized and friendly

Our Nominees are:

Hannah - Louboutins and Lemonade
Darcy - Darcy's World
Antonia - Mac and Cheese
Alexandra - Alexandra Marie
Emily - Emmi Hearts
Sophie - The Lust Journal
Hollie - Brainy is the New Sexy
Lillie - Lillie-B
Hannah - Trust in Vogue
Hannah - Pooky Banana
Alex and Becky - Pink Elephant Blog



Here are our Questions for our nominees:

1. You have 5 minutes to get ready in the morning. Which one makeup product would you reach for first?
2. What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?
3. What is your HG skincare product?
4. If you were given £1000 to spend in one shop only, which shop would you choose?
5. What is your all time favourite lipstick?
6. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life which one would it be?
7. What is your cocktail of choice?
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
9. What is on your fashion wishlist?
10. Tea or Coffee?
11. If you could be any fictional character who would you be?


We look forward to reading your answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment