Sunday 18 May 2014

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer vs. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Two concealers that always seem to be compared to each other are Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection Creamy Concealer so I thought I would share my opinion about the two. I'm probably stating the obvious here but the Nars is a luxury option at £22 and Collection the high-street dupe at £4.19.




First things first, these two concealers are like gold dust. You have no idea how long it took me to find the Collection concealers, going into every Boots and Superdrug I went past they were all sold out but eventually I came across them in a Boots in Nottingham. The Nars one- do not get me started, my colour, Vanilla, is sold out everywhere. I have the tiniest amount but it is only going to last probably two or three more uses.

The Collection Lasting Perfection Creamy Concealer I think is really good for its price. It has good coverage, the formula is really moisturising and it covers blemishes as well as brightening under the eye. The biggest downside is the colour range; there are not that many shades available, I am sort of in between Fair and Cool Medium. I bought both shades to mix together but to be honest I can't really be bothered so I usually reach for the Fair shade as the Cool Medium is far to orange for my skin and would probably highlight blemishes more than conceal.




The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer on the other hand has a really good colour range of 10 shades, my shade Vanilla is the perfect match for my skin. I would say the the texture and formulas of the two are very similar; maybe the Nars one is slightly more brightening, but there is not that much in it. For me, I would say Nars one stays put a lot longer than the Collection one. I always find that when I use the Collection one I have to keep reapplying throughout the day.




Overall I think I do prefer the Nars Creamy Concealer but there is not much in it, I will repurchase both concealers again in the future. Have you tried either of these concealers, which do you prefer?




1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a post... I love the Nars, but I do think the Lasting Perfection is a really decent second best if your budget can't stretch... The big downside with the Lasting Perfection is the lack of shade options... Nars wins hands down with regards to shade range...

    Daisy xxx

    www.daisydabbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete