Friday 18 July 2014

Summer Beauty Buys

The sun has finally graced us with its presence this week and that meant I had a desperate urge to inject my beauty collection with bright colours and fresh fragrances. Summer is definitely my favourite time of the year and when the sun shines it makes everything more beautiful, makes me feel happier and generally makes life that little bit better.




The first thing I bought was Essie's new summer collection, 3 wonderfully bright shades which I absolutely love.


The first shade is 'Ruffles and Feathers' which is a vivid teal colour, the second is a gorgeous hot raspberry pink called 'Haute in the Heat' and the final shade is 'Roarrrange' which is a bright bold orange.


Next in my basket went this No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink. I bought this as I had a money off coupon for No7 and I realised apart from my Clinique Chubby Stick I haven't tried any of the other lip crayon varieties on the market. I haven't used it yet so I can't comment on the product but the colour is a just quite a basic, everyday pink colour.


I have heard so many good things about the L'Oreal Colour Riche eye shadows that I finally caved and made the purchase, I did want to try the bronze and brown shades but I have so many similar shades already that instead I tried this shimmery, champagne nude. I think it will look lovely all over the lid for just a simple subtle summer make up look and also look great as a base for a bit more of a smokey look.


Finally I took a little trip to the Soap and Glory counter and picked up the body wash in Orangeasm, words cannot describe how good this smells - when you are next in Boots go and take a sniff. I love the Soap and Glory body washes but have never seen this flavour before, I think it is a relatively new launch. I can't wait to use this in the mornings, the fresh scent is the perfect way to start your day!


Have you bought anything recently to help give you a summer boost? Drop a comment below- we love to read all of your comments! 


4 comments:

  1. I love soap and glory products and really want to try the body wash you picked up!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! It smells so so good! - I am very tempted to go and pick up the body butter in the same flavour too!

      Jess xx

      Delete
  2. Ah some great buys! I love those Essie nail polishes, perfect summer nails! The no7 Lip Crayon is definitely something which I'd love to know how you get on with! I never know what to use my no7 vouchers on! haha x
    lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail polishes are fab - I have been wearing the orange one 'roarrrange' today and they look so bright and summery! I will let you know how I get on with the lip crayon, never really tried much no7 in the past so not really sure what to expect! Thanks for commenting,

      Jess xx

      Delete